Sunday, February 6, 2011

What are you REALLY hungry for?


Happy Sunday Everyone!

Some of you may be watching the Superbowl kickoff right now! Let me ask you, what snacks are YOU munching on right now, and are what are you REALLY hungry for? Are you hungry for fun and excitement, are you hungry for team spirit?

I want to ask everyone how their opposite week has gone? Have you tried anything new this week? I did! The picture I've posted is what I made last night from the new "Just 5" cookbook. Lamb with Couscous Salad. There was an excitement that came along with spicing things up that made me less hungry for things I didn't really want.

Always remember that you need to keep your mind active when it concerns food. Consistently having the same foods all the time leads to EMOTIONAL boredom. When we are unenthusiastic about the food choices we make, then we go looking for other items that aren't good choices, or perhaps too much of our usual choices.

Also consider what emotions drive you to make less than great choices. Can you identify them? When do they occur and why? Those times are crucial to our success! We will feel all of these emotions again in our lives. That much is guaranteed. Building the skills to work through those emotionally hungry times will carry you through the weight loss process and give you the ability to maintain your weight loss.

I want everyone to think about these questions and bring your ideas to the meeting so we can work on it TOGETHER.

Have a wonderful evening!

-Karen

No comments: