Saturday, June 5, 2010

Weight Watchers Walk-It Challenge

The National Weather Service has reported that there will be thunder and lightning all day and I feel that it is wise to cancel the walk scheduled for tomorrow. I have great concern that the conditions could become hazardous. My aim is to make sure that all of you have your safety put first.

I am greatly disappointed that mother nature has put a damper on our efforts but I certainly hope that this won't stop any of you from choosing another 5K to walk this summer. There will be plenty of opportunities to come and I hope you'll all share them with each other.

Thank you all so much for your excitement and enthusiasm in our joint effort!

Best,
Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is disappointing, I was really excited about doing the walk. To bad there wasn't a rain date.

Anonymous said...

That is disappointing, I was really looking forward to the walk! To bad it couldn"t be rescheduled.

Apriella said...

Well. . . Here in Harwich it's looking great! So who's taking out the meteorologist?! Lol.

Karen said...

I know ladies. The National Weather service put out a grim forecast for today and here the sun has decided to come out.

I feel very badly that the conditions ended up being pretty much perfect. I knew if I decided to cancel then the weather would then change its mind. That's the New England way!

Perhaps we'll be able to plan something for over the summer to make up for the cancellation.